Beginner's / Budget Marine Tank (under $500)

tHEcONCH

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, not a clown fish, rmember that they grow to be as wide as your palm :

come on marko! you know as well as i do that a tank upgrade pops into your head the moment your first fish goes in the tank :lol: :lol: .

and if that doesn't happen, there are plenty of people that will take a clownfish off someones hands, should it get too big n come up for sale :wink:

A Blue Tang! lol. I reckon a firefish would go great in there.

I agree, Jagers are good heaters. I now have 2 of the 300w ones for my new tank. Never failed me where as I had 2 of the Juwel 300w fail (I didn't bother trying to take the 2nd failure back to the LFS, they thought I was lying the first time I said the heater crapped out)

:lol:

a few nice soft corals will be so cool in there and also a sun coral.......

I don't think a sun coral would be a good idea - too many nutrients introduced when you feed it. This set-up will only work if you understand its limitations and respect the fact that it will only support a lightly stocked arrangement. If you want to keep a full range of corals and fish, then something like the RSM is probably the minimum you'll require.

I don't think a sun coral would be a good idea - too many nutrients introduced when you feed it. This set-up will only work if you understand its limitations and respect the fact that it will only support a lightly stocked arrangement. If you want to keep a full range of corals and fish, then something like the RSM is probably the minimum you'll require.

too a point i agree but if you have a small sun coral with olny a few heads then it wouldnt need two much food but in saying that once it grew a bit bigger it would need to be sold :(

I mucked up with my photo labels - there are new pics of the Acan over in my RSM thread, including one showing some nice new polyps developing at the back. I'm just keeping a few zoos, a mushroom, and a green candycane in this little tank.

Everything seems fine, but I think I'll retrofit a couple of 26watt compacts so that I can get some Actinic light in there - unless you want to buy my set-up as is and do it how you want to do it? It would be ideal for you Otago flat... PM me if you do...

I'll chip off one of the green mushrooms for ya when I do my tank transfer. Unfortunatly when they're fully expanded, they're not so green. I think my lighting isn't enough to keep the colour. That'll change shortly tho ;)

• 2 years later...