Dwarf Hairgrass Questions

Floater

It was fs up here a while ago. I tried to grow it in gravel, sand, clay, on top of the substrate, with root tabs, in a plant only tank, high light, low light, ferts, Excel to no avail. Out of the 10 bunches I started out with I have a small shriveled up clump of 8 strands left. Clearly not for me :(

I wish you luck with it!

It was fs up here a while ago. I tried to grow it in gravel, sand, clay, on top of the substrate, with root tabs, in a plant only tank, high light, low light, ferts, Excel to no avail. Out of the 10 bunches I started out with I have a small shriveled up clump of 8 strands left. Clearly not for me :(

I wish you luck with it!

Geez that doesn't sound promising at all... lol. Here I was thinking I'd found an easyish carpet plant :-? Quite a few things I've read on the web suggest that it's fairly easy to grow, havn't come across anything that mentions the substrate though.

It does best in a fine (sand) substrate otherwise it is very hard to plant. It is usually grown emersed and plants are not easy to convert to submersed at this time of year. You could grow some emersed and keep taking a bit to transfer until you get it right. Plants get a lot less light when submersed and they need to be planted in very small clumps so as to get enough light then allowed to spread out with runners themselves.