Fmxmatt's Upgrade

Fmxmatt

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not everybody has the funds to buy everything they want for their tank straight away

For sure, Times are also getting tuff with the economy. making cuts myself as sky tv is getting more expensive every time i open the bill.

Well If I found that Fans worked well like they did on the old tank, I wouldn't bother with a chiller at all!

My cost for Fans - $0

Cost to run Fans - $ not enough to warrant the investigation.

My cost for BASIC chiller - $500

Cost to run Chiller - $I'd hate to think!

Well it wasn't planned, but tonight everything was transferred. Everyone seems happy, although I am a wee bit concerned about my purple firefish, didn't seem very happy once in the tank, hopefully it'll be alright.

Some pics... (The rocks in the sump will be removed, they're only in there temporarily)

DSC02027Small.jpg

DSC02028Small.jpg

DSC02029Small.jpg

DSC02031Small.jpg

Thanks to John at Organism for the loaner lights :)

yeah planning to have a fuge in my next setup. One silver lining from my tank disaster was with only the mandarin and blenny left theres been a big expolosion in pods and snails and my male mandarin has finally started to fatten up. So i plan on adding a fuge to the setup i'm working on at the mo so that he remains fat

Pic update:

DSC02036Small.jpg

DSC02038Small.jpg

DSC02040Small.jpg

DSC02041Small.jpg

And the newest edition, anemone. Took the clowns less than 30 mins to realise what it was, and they basically sat inside it while the anemone moved around working out where it would stay. Seems to be happy where it is now, hasn't moved its foot since it got there

DSC02043Small.jpg

DSC02044Small.jpg

Can anyone tell me what type it is? It acts like a bubble, and I have seen bubble like tentacles during the night, but nothing like the large bubbles commonly seen.

ooh jealous :), is it an rbta? hows the move gone, i see you've got a little diatom growth hows that going

Nah its green so wont be rose. Move has gone well, all done now and old tank is empty and ready for a new home. Diatoms, yep, and its way worse than it looks on those photos! New sand, kinda expected it.

• 1 month later...