has anyone got or used one of these

cichlid7

Technical data JBL CristalProfi 500:

Power connection: 230 V/50 Hz 23 W

Pump output: 1200 l/h

max. pump height: 2,1 m/WS

Filter volume: 12,0 Liter

Filter insets: 3 filter baskets

Dimensions: 230x230x490 mm (length x width x height)

(height incl. Hose connections)

4 Years warranty

Tech Data if you needed it.

yes i am allowed to post that link

i am interested in buying it and wanted to find out about it first.

the guidelines say that this is fine...

HERE IS A QUOTE FROM THE GUIDELINES

exception - if you are genuinely interested in buying the item and want to learn more about the use of the item and if it will be ok for your purpose.

so i will put my link back up

Yes I have recently got the CristalProfi 500 of TM, It appears to be good value for money. Next to the Fluval 404 I also am using it moves more water( expect this to drop as the media and sponges grow their "gunk") The top seals well and the baskets inside seem to be tight fitting, I am happy with it, That price includes a basket of ceramic noodles and a bag of bio balls! ( $180+ delivery) Also 500lt tank, rift lake africans

Just to let the guys know that quoted me....

There was a misunderstanding on my part with regard to the TM ruling.

I check around 300 to 400 posts on here.... "every day"... 7/365....and the rules have been posted in several different places... mostly with variations... but these are now hopefully in the right places... and all the same and precise.

Let's let it rest at that please.

Your remarks have been edited out.

Bill.

• 1 month later...

They look good. Made in Germany (JBL) and not cheap Chinese junk.

And JBL have a great website with lots of useful info (disease diagnosis, an online water analysis system, and great literature to download).

It make me feel a little better knowing that a company has such a great website to support their products. So many companies just have JPGs of the product and nothing else.

Take a look at www.jbl.de

The designs are pretty similar. Head unit setup slotting together of baskets how the nozzles are 360 and how the cut offs connect and operate, even have the vent at the top. They even ship with similar out of the box media, bio balls, clay rings, and then layering of various sponges.

The differences are in the details, JBL production have more powerful motors that push more water with higher del head at less wattage. It seems although design wise they’re identical the components are of higher quality in the JBL’s. Like the difference between using a Toyota or a Lexus.

I recently brought a JBL 250 for use in my 84 liter tank and it's much quieter than the Aqua one's i've seen running in shops. I wonder if JBL or aqua one brought the otehr guys design and then made it with better or lower quality parts to fit into their diffrent markets/price points.

When I get home from work i'm going to see if JBL make their filters in PRC (manual/box check).

Oh and it's a very nice filter, I've already started replacing the foam media with the various add on jbl media types like sinto and micro mec glass medias.

Technical data JBL CristalProfi 500:

Power connection: 230 V/50 Hz 23 W

Pump output: 1200 l/h

max. pump height: 2,1 m/WS

Dimensions: 230x230x490 mm (length x width x height)

4 Years warranty

Tech Data if you needed it.

Tech data from CF1200 (from manual)

Power connection: 230~240 V/50 Hz 35 W

Pump output: 1100 l/h

max. pump height: 2, m/WS

Dimensions: 220x220x400 mm (length x width x height)

2+2 Years warranty

Rated for 250l JBL 500 is for 500 liters

Also from manuals

CF1200 flow with media and hoses: 750l/h

JBL 500 flow with media and hoses: 850-900l/h

Nope. No where on the box, manuals or the casing it self can I see a statement where it's manufactured. There are references to the Neuhofen factory site in the manual and the box. Neuhofen is where they state on their web page where they make all their fish foods.

In my mind it's 50 50 with out a categorical statement if they build the filters in Neuhofen Germany or in PRC. For comparasion Eheim actully list on the box if it's "Printed" in PRC. or in much larger letters Made in Germany depending on where the unit was built.

I just picked a JBL CP500 up today to replace my old and noisy Fluval 304.

I couldn't be sure where it was made either. The only reference was the companies name and address and reg on the box.

But the packing, and assembly were something that you would expect from Germany (neat and tidy) and not flimsy like most stuff from China. And he manual did not have any grammatical or spelling errors. None of "please you be put water box before start" kind of manuals that seems to accompany most stuff from Asia these days.

I'll let you know how it all goes once up and running.