Hi from Spink!

Spink

Hi everyone!

New to the forum, my name is Anita, aka Spink.

Firstly, cheers to Paul Billaney for introducing me to this site!

Upper Hutt based, full time mum of a 3 and a half year old, step mum to 13 and 15 year olds, all girls, and I am a Fish Geek.

That's right, I admit it, I have a problem. It's an addiction.

It started as a kid, but when I left home, the whole fish thing stopped. Then a friend offered me the use of his spare tank.....that when the first little niggle started.

I admit, the tank was small and didn't do very well, but hey, I was just starting out! I shut that tank down towards the end of last year as we decided to move house. Moved into a bigger house...hehehe :lol: .

My husband got a new car, I got a new 4 foot tank!

Things just snow balled from there! :roll:

I now have 4 tanks, one on layby, and my eldest now wants a tank in her room. I still have a garage I can park a car in though.... :bow: Big ups to all those who have converted their lifestyle to suit their fish requirements!

I am a geek, and happy to be one - I research my fish in books and on the internet, and enjoy doing so. I also spend hours in front of my tanks, watching my fish, passing the time and chilling out.

My preferences are for small and unusual fish. Just purchased 6 Celstial's because they are just such a beautiful fish, and am looking to base my 4 foot around my sparkling Gourami's. I also have a 185 litre tank which I am converting in to brackish, and I have guppies everywhere! My uber breeder mummy fish just keeps popping out sprogs! She makes it look so easy...I'm excited to be part of the forum, now I can get advice from real people who live on the same planet and in the same country as me!

I'm not quite as oh-phay with all the fish lingo and abbreviated terms you guys use, but I'll get the hang of it, and look forward to getting to know people, and receiving and offering any helpful advice and info I can.

Yay for the Fish! :bounce:

I'm not quite as oh-phay with all the fish lingo and abbreviated terms you guys use, but I'll get the hang of it, and look forward to getting to know people, and receiving and offering any helpful advice and info I can.

Yay for the Fish! :bounce:

Usefull thread in the beginners section on this - its stickyed, so its up the top.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :lol:

(13 and 15 year old girls, you say 8) )

Thanks for the thread Georgous, hadn't seen that while browsing before I signed up - will definately come in handy!

Cam, Stokes Valley Huh? Do you go to the Upper Hutt meetings? Do they still have them? I saw BlueandKim go to the Upper Hutt one, I'd like to go to one some time, once I pluck up the courage! :wink:

Hey, have looked for Upper Hutt Club info once before but nothing was listed on the main FNZAS home page. Noted Faran was the pres in Oct, I have him on email from something I bought from him on Trade Me, so might email him and see if he has any more up to date info. Sounds cool... still have to pluck up that courage stuff... :oops:

Hi and welcome

The Upper Hutt club is nice and local. They meet at the IHC Centre on Goodshed Road (about 400m south of the new Mitre 10 Mega) every second Thursday of the month.

I have not been myself yet but I am hoping to make the next one fingers crossed.

:D

Hi & Welcome!

I know that admitting you have a problem is supposed to the first step on the road to recovery...BUT NOT FOR MTS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to have you here and looking forward to seeing pics of your fishies.

Caper