Made it to Day 7 with Blue Ram Fry!!!

Hannahbell

All of my blues either died with increased resperation or what resembles tumours (maybe hole in the head? I hope that isn't what has happened to yours? Any chance of a pic?

ditto, call me crazy but i bought another male today after deciding severalmonths ago not to bother any more with them again... just so hard to resist! if i spot a nice looking female i mght try the breeding in a separate tank for them

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My recomendation would be to breed them and keep at least one batch of babies asap don't give them a chance to raise them, I tired patiently with mine and ended up loosing the parents before I raised a spawn because they kept eating them etc..

im thinking of starting him on medicated food (metro) from the start to hopefully knock out any internal parasites. I had the same problem last year with my pair laying but i wasn't quick enough getting the eggs out and the female ate them, both died soon after of the head tumours etc

She had the tumor with my last lot of fry. It just seems to be spreading now :( I will get the breeding tank set up in the weekend and give them another go. I have a sponge filter now, so will try really hard and raise them so that they live. Will try and get a pic later on today of her. Seems to be a problem with them this tumor thing :(

Have any of you inspected the tumors with a microscope?

It will help if you can ID the problem properly.

Mark and Felicity at World of Water in Hamilton have a great scope which can record what you see. they are also very knowledgeable. I'd freeze one when it dies and get it over to them, they could get some pics of the tumour and provide a positive ID. I'd be happy to help out as the middle man, as I'd get to play with their scope and learn something too :P