hi

DantezGirl

ok i would like to get some fighters later but for now doing quick research all i know is

1:do not keep two males in the same tank correct?

2:are you allowed more females and one male together?

3:what tail types are there?

4:do they require any special attention decorations food?

5:are they able to coexist with any fish?

6:is it true its best to have a strongish current to keep there fins from drooping?

ok i would like to get some fighters later but for now doing quick research all i know is

1:do not keep two males in the same tank correct?

Correct. Unless you put in a divider of some sort to keep them active and flaring. As long as they can't get to each other they'll be fine

2:are you allowed more females and one male together?

You can have multiple females in with 1 male, however you may experience the odd nipped fin. I'd advise keeping separate but it's the owners choice.

3:what tail types are there?

Veil Tail (Most common)

VT1.jpg

Crowntail (Growing in population but still very sought after)

d2df287b2402f97580d94e605ddcb142.jpg

Halfmoon (Very few in NZ, highly sought after)

9872c71e5e694ad2e9bbe08cd7fa4344.jpg

Doubletail (Again, very rare and highly sought after)

0715ca49119a47f188c76829f92b193b.jpg

Plakat (Also rare and mainly sought after with betta fans)

80597f4ffda2e5ba6cd7be426858f8c3.jpg

Also a whole bunch more tails such as Delta, Super Delta, Spade Tail, Roundtail, Rosetail, Combtail, Halfsun, Fused tail, Tripletail... the list goes on but the pictured ones are the main varieties.

4:do they require any special attention decorations food?

Clean water, variety of live and pellet food, no sharp decorations or things they can easily get trapped in. They need access to the water surface or the will die!

5:are they able to coexist with any fish?

Depends on the fish. Some fighters are friendly, while others are aggressive and just want to be alone. Also don't put in with fin nipping fish, this includes Angels and Guppies. It truly does vary per fish though

6:is it true its best to have a strongish current to keep there fins from drooping?

I've never heard of this... it's the complete opposite to my understanding. They are not fast moving fish and their fins do weigh them down quite a bit. However my females do enjoy playing around in the current every now and again, but I wouldn't recommend this for males

That's my opinion anyway, others may beg to differ.

I highly suggest looking at http://bettysplendens.com/articles/home.imp too. It's one of my favourite when it comes to betta information.

All of the above types are available here in New Zealand and all of them are up here in the North Island as well.

I have one male in all my females tanks and they co-exist with up to 40 odd females each. Yes the females do get a little touchy at times with each other but thats nature and nothing major ever happens.

IME adult males with long fins stuggle in strong currents and tend to lie on their sides at rest.

thanks so it isnt true that they need a little current to keep the fins ect from drooping i love the colours blue black and white so hopefully i can source some in these colours when i am ready i like the half moon and crowntail fins there awesome cant wait

1:what is the price range for a fully/double crown?

2:what is the price range for a half moon?

3:does any one have a all white or black one?

thanks so it isnt true that they need a little current to keep the fins ect from drooping i love the colours blue black and white so hopefully i can source some in these colours when i am ready i like the half moon and crowntail fins there awesome cant wait

1:what is the price range for a fully/double crown?

2:what is the price range for a half moon?

3:does any one have a all white or black one?

Price tends to vary with how they look.

For a good quality crowntail maybe between $40-60.

Good quality halfmoon around $50-70

It all depends on the seller, and what they look like.

There are platinum white halfmoons around. Keep an eye on Trademe, Ron lists his there every now and again.

Don't think there are any pure black melano's. I think adodge has some black and blue crowntails though... currently one on TM

Is there such thing as a double crown fighter?

Kind of, it's not really called a 'double crown' however.

They're known as 'Double Ray' and 'Triple Ray' Crowntails.

Single Ray looks like this:

109549637_e5d438bd3a.jpg

While a Double Ray is this:

gallery681088cj.jpg

Then you can get crazy ones like this...

fwbettasct1206606001.jpg

It basically relates to the amount of rays shooting off in the caudal tail.