March 21, 200818 yr comment_221925 Hi all, I picked Paddy up from LFS on Monday (St. Patrick's day, hence the name). I have no idea what colour he is. He looks like a cambodian with spots of red on his fins. Thought he could be a marble cambodian, butI really have no idea what he is. I'm planning to breed him to my dark red girl (small amount of blue in fins) and see what I get. Have tried them together a couple of times but she just keeps laying into him even though she is full of eggs. Any ideas? Take care, Ian :0) Report
March 21, 200818 yr comment_221933 Hi there, I think this is called an 'orange dalmation' colour type: http://bettysplendens.com/articles/page.imp?articleid=1757 I've seen a couple of them in the Auckland LFS in the past year but they're not that common (I think could be wrong). HTH Mel Report
March 21, 200818 yr Author comment_221937 Hi Mel, Thanks for that. I think this is called an 'orange dalmation' colour type: WOW, that sounds impressive, and there was me thinking he was just a funky looking pet store fish!!! Heres another pic (showing the damage inflicted by his 'wife'). He certainly looks like the fish in the link you sent. Thanks again, Ian :0) Report
March 21, 200818 yr comment_221964 Just a pet shop quality cross colour breed. Nothing special about it. If you like the colour, thats all it matters. ron Report
March 21, 200818 yr comment_222034 Theres one at the moment in Jansens but a blue version. I quite like this colour. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.