Bolivian Rams Eggs

diggop

BOLIVIAN RAMS.

Hi yesterday Eggs laid. so due to eggs eaten last time moved the rock with eggs on Via a dish into an empty 60x30x36 tank.

Have left the rock in the dish, inside the tank with air bubbles. foam filter going.

Treated water with Methlene blue 1 drop per litre. Tank 3/4 full water.

I now think I have them in too big a space ?

When do I start to get rid of the Methlene blue ?

Would you leave them in the Dish till hatched?

Temp about 78f how long to hatch?

All eggs at present look good.

Regards Stanley

Tank is probably on the large side but they should be fine, usually a smaller one is better as they don't seek out food when young they just sit there and eat it when it falls in front of their face, however a bigger one will be more stable and take less time to foul..

Leave the meth blue until the fry have all hatched and left whatever it is they were laid on, it can be hard to do water changes to get rid of it while the fry are young and sensitve anyway so make sure you do it very gradually and match temp etc.

I would just leave them be they will hatch and move around a bit when they're ready to, I have no idea how long usually 3 days for most egg layers. Remember not to feed them until they're fully free swimming..

Good luck!

Hi Ryanjury,

Thanks for the reply. Have noted all you said.So hoping for good results. Have one or two going white so hope thats all.

Went over most of this forum due to not keeping tropical fish for years, things have changed over this time. but knowledge from people who been there, is a great help.

Hope not to pester people on site too much.

Regards Stanley.