Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

diggop

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hi skaffen, Mine is a bit milky looking that I do not like, thought it was the lighting, size of tank. lets know how the UV unit goes. I used to look very clear in a smaller tank. but not now in the deeper water.
  2. diggop replied to Ktttk's topic in Catfish
    Gave mine the base of a celery today it slowed them down a bit but they are game to try and finish it. Lettuce was a flop could not keep it down at the tank bottom, but they loved it while it was on the bottom. Regards Stanley
  3. Hi Ryanjury, Thanks for the reply. Have noted all you said.So hoping for good results. Have one or two going white so hope thats all. Went over most of this forum due to not keeping tropical fish for years, things have changed over this time. but knowledge from people who been there, is a great help. Hope not to pester people on site too much. Regards Stanley.
  4. BOLIVIAN RAMS. Hi yesterday Eggs laid. so due to eggs eaten last time moved the rock with eggs on Via a dish into an empty 60x30x36 tank. Have left the rock in the dish, inside the tank with air bubbles. foam filter going. Treated water with Methlene blue 1 drop per litre. Tank 3/4 full water. I now think I have them in too big a space ? When do I start to get rid of the Methlene blue ? Would you leave them in the Dish till hatched? Temp about 78f how long to hatch? All eggs at present look good. Regards Stanley
  5. Hi about 3 weeks ago the pair of Festivums spawned and then had lunch the next day. So at this time they are laying eggs. The pair are in a tank alone. laid eggs inside a flower pot Q Do I remove the eggs now. Q If I do what do I do ie: air bubbles/ drugs etc should the bubbles go into the pot. Q Or would you take a risk the second time? I would prefer to leave but also want the young ones Q I am trying to get through all advice on site, but would like any help you can give. Regards Stanley
  6. diggop replied to Ktttk's topic in Catfish
    Thanks for the info.Did not think about the toxic treatment must be lucky they have had lots straight from the shop. Have never seen fish that will eat as much as these 2 they just about jump out of the tank when I get out the Cucumber. I think it must put them off the breeding so far no signs of life in that 1/4, but maybe I would not like a woman who ate lots of Cucumber. Regards Stanley
  7. diggop replied to Ktttk's topic in Catfish
    Hi, Please tell me if feeding cucumber etc to Bristlenose how often should they have it. Have 2 that just love the stuff and will eat all day. Am not sure is that good for them. Regards Stanley
  8. diggop replied to diggop's topic in Welcome
    Hi, The tanks are 100x50x50 60x36x36 60x36x36 Going off for a few days up the coast will get some photos when back the tanks are not show pieces but think the fish like the area they live in. Want to get some new Cichlids after we have spent winter in Aussie, So will be hoping some of you people will be able to help out. will be on site again soon. very interesting reading on here. Regards Stanley
  9. diggop replied to diggop's topic in Welcome
    I called them a few names but not Festivums after the egg eating day
  10. diggop posted a topic in Welcome
    So far only just joined the site.Used to keep fish about 50 years ago, with a few goldfish since. Just burst back into tropical 3 tanks, mixed fish in 1 Pair of Festivum Cichlids in the other. Spawned last week but 1 decided on eggs for breakfast. Other tank waiting the results of the others. Regards Stanley

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.