Im Back with pics

imsweet

Hi all, just got back from 2 weeks in Oz. Had a great time but as awlays... glad to be home. Done all the touristy things you can with a little one. Zoo, museum etc. Oh and every pet shop i could find. One thing i noticed, they all stocked male Bettas in tiny little containers with a small amount of water. the poor things. But i did see some neat creatures like the hermit crabs and their coloured shells in the 1st pic. 2nd pic is some very large carp that were happy to swim close to the little one's fingers. 3rd is a large lungfish. There were a few in the tank and they had them in the nocturnal exhibit. Only a couple of minor things with my fish, one neon with a white lump by it's tail. One neon with a slight bend in the back and a cloudy eye, having trouble swimming so will take out soon. And my big female cory has white along the dorsal fin like it's been nipped at. If i can catch her i will put her in a smaller tank but they swim like lightning.

2008_0228pic0076.jpg

2008_0228pic0048.jpg

2008_0228pic0090.jpg

Ha! :D I don't usually like artificializing nature, but got to say those painted crab shells are quite pretty i bet they're a big seller to small kids.

Long as they come with good instructions to make sure they are cared for properly it might be a good way to introduce little kids to the responsibilty of looking after another life form.

We went to Melbourne and Adelaide. I would recommend Melb for the shopping :lol: Very nice historical buildings etc. Adelaide we found was boring, except for the zoo and seahorse farm (which u couldn't take pics )

Yay for Adeliade! We went there over the holidays :lol:

We went to Cleveland Park... Is that where you went to??

No funnily enough, we werent far from it but as we were using public transport, no-one told us there was only 2 busses a day to go there and return. We ended up going to the zoo where they had a kids petting part, little miss loved the goats and deer.