I think one of my goldfish ate a stone

Tigger

His mouth looks white inside (the same colour as some of our gravel) and he is constantly looking like he is trying to coug something up.

Is there anything we can do or does anyone else have any suggestions of what could be happening to him?

If he doesn't seem to be able to dislodge it himself you will need to catch it then try to remove the stone with tweezers or hook it out. :-?

It is possible he has swallowed, or tried to, a stone. Is the white looking fluffy? If so it is more liekly to be a major fungal infection in the mouth and this too would cause discomfort.

mystery solved, upon looking at the goldfish yesterday his mouth definitely looked fluffy...he has fungus.

He has now been moved to the hospital tank and medicated...the poor thing though, the medication has turned the fungus a bluey/grey colour...it looks really freaky!

Fingers crossed he begins to recover :-?

Ok we must have the hardest fish on the planet! He has been pretty lethargic, spending a lot of time sitting on the bottom so we assumed he was on his way out dispite trying to fix him.

We went away over the weekend so left him in the hospital tank expecting the worst when we got home.

He's still alive! He isn't right but I can't believe that he is still going. I am guessing we should think about redosing him as he still looks a bit fungusy in the mouth although it does appear to be getting better. He has some funny little flappy bits of skin under his mouth which I'm not really sure about though, sure they weren't there before the weekend.

I'm still not convinced that he will make it but he is certainly fighting!

Err am in work and can't remember what it is called. It comes in a white bottle with a red label and is one of those treats all things. It turns the water an amazing shade of blue!

Will look at redosing tonight, the bottle doesn't really give any redosing instructions but the blueness is nearly clear out of the water so I think it is time for another dose and see how he does.

I really want him to live now as well as he is really fighting!

The really annoying thing is we now have white spot in the tropical tank :evil: Going to be very careful not to use the same stuff in that tank and our Betta tank as i don't want Dave getting spots :cry: