Tubifex worms

Matthew

What we used to sell to the shops as tubifex was actually lumbriculus (blackworms) and Rodney Fletcher could sell you a starter culture I believe.They go best on high protein food and most people feed them kitten pallets or trout pallets

thanks alamin. Haven't done much research into them but I heard the culture can be stinky. True? 

Thanks Alanmin, great advice as usual.

I've done the research and figured with everything I have to do, the maintenance of tubifex might be a bit more than I can handle right now. So opted to go with either Grindals or Whiteworms. Know anyone that might have a culture to spare?

Thanks Alanmin, great advice as usual.

I've done the research and figured with everything I have to do, the maintenance of tubifex might be a bit more than I can handle right now. So opted to go with either Grindals or Whiteworms. Know anyone that might have a culture to spare?

What you have read might be exaggerated.  I kept mine in pebbly gravel in a small - 20 litre maybe less - tank, with a heater turned on low, and an airline.  When I remembered I chucked cat biscuits in and when there looked to be heaps I pulled them out and fed them to the fish.  Water changed when the level of the tank started to drop.  Kept them for around 3-4 years.

Whiteworms - if you get stuck ask HFF to order in off bio-suppliers.

Edited by Adrienne

Thanks guys, I don't really have another tank nor do I have the necessary equipment to upkeep tubifex like another pump and heater. Hence thinking of something easy like whiteworms or grindals. I've got quite a number of microworm cultures going right now and they are easy as heck... I don't even get my hands dirty when feeding them to the fish =D