Help with Beardie

Beardie_Guy

Just had my beardie out in the sun and it ate some weed which was growing on my lawn. I wasnt fast enough to stop him/her. straight after he/she went very flat and put his legs straight and was stiff and shaking. He is ok now but was wondering if what he ate made him do this. Any sugestions?

thanks

Lloyd

Ok cheers, he has a UVB lamp however it is about 40cm above him and we feed him calcium with his food so he shouldnt be to low. However there is a white substance that is in his poo sometimes? Does this mean his body is not obsorbing it? sorry for all the questions but it is better to be save then sorry.

if you have the greatest supa dupa uv flouro tube and have it more than 25cm form where your reptile is it does not matter how much calcium supplement you feed it, it will not be able to metabolise it.

u.v tube needs to be close, even then sunshine, just a few hours a week is best.

latest theories suggest that no reptiles need uv lighting, but i did have spasming issues when not using tubes, so in my opinion beardies do better with them.