Watermelon

jayci

My BN's, GBA's and guppies love watermelon.

I am just abit worried about the high sugar content, is the sugar bag for them??

I am half expecting the BN's to climb out of the tank when I am sleepimg and re-arrange the lounge furniture with there sugar overload.

Watermelon has only half the sugar content (5%) of an apple. It also has a lot of Vit C and beta-carotenes. Good antioxidants. It is also high in potassium to help regulate the heart and normalise blood pressure. The fibre in them will also help the other end :wink:

2 cups of watermelon has only 80 calories, no fat and no cholesterol :bounce:

So Jayci...do you think if I could get my cats to eat watermelon they'd clean the apartment, actually all I ever want them to do is the wash but they won't do it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't even know there was sugar in watermelon :o

Caper

So Jayci...do you think if I could get my cats to eat watermelon they'd clean the apartment, actually all I ever want them to do is the wash but they won't do it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't even know there was sugar in watermelon :o

Caper

Some visual aid for you Caper :D

mban1377l.jpg

LOL at the cartoon, often I wish our cats could earn their keep.

Yeah Caper that's why its sweet. Although fruit sugar is nowhere near the same as processed sugar, your body metabolises it much differently, so no reason to stop eating fruit. Man watermelon is fantastic this time of year, I was so jealous when we went to Oz a couple of years ago in March and watermelon over there was only 60 cents a kg!!

Mankey

Most plecos love veges like that. You just weigh down a chunk and leave it overnight. They will attack it and rasp off the flesh. Just take out the leftovers next day so it cant pollute the water.

I would eat the sweet part myself though and give them the skin, they will still go crazy over that.

Ian