borneo tiger itching

henward

borneo tigers, large, 1foot +

scratching itself on the gravel. sometimes twitches and seems like its kinda shuddering and shaking itself.

no doubt resulted from a amonia spike. no visible threads or fungus, none at all.

currently putting melafix in water

should i keep doing what im doing or just let the wtaer cycle and bacteria to populate filters and heal it self or melafix is the way?

is it fatal?

or does it screw them up when they itch?

or is it just a symptom that isnt that serious?

melafix doesnt seem to do anything

its anoying, the pet shop pushed that

f*ck!

i have never had any thing like that ever

so you think i should stay away from melafix and just change water often. let them heal themselves and sort it out themselves?

aged water is water that has been sitting for 24 hours or so, usually with an airstone in it to de-gas any chlorine in it (sorta the same as using water ager but i hate water ager) Also it gives you a chance to get it up to the correct temp before you put it in the tank.

I have a 200L barrel in my room beside the tanks and i just fill it up with the garden hose every week. It has a 300W heater in it, plus an airstone. I also have a powerhead in it, with a long hose attached to it, and i simply just pump the water into my tanks when i need it. Instant aged water, no shock to the fish, more chance of them healing/being in top shape

jsut wondeirng

why would melafix cause damage

i am confused

its website guarantees it does not harm beneficial bacteria

its ingridients are consistent wiht encouranging growth etc

all pet shops recomend it.

i dont know how it could harm it

though, water changes sounds good and will definately do it

but melafix, in my view, theory really

should help at a minimum do not damage

sorry i just dont know why it could be bad

no thats fair enough, but i know that others namely the Conch) has had trouble from it. It kills pencilfish (the conch and myself have both done it i believe :( )

Other than that, it cant be too bad, but personally i will never use it again. It seems to do nothing anyway :lol: There is no substitute for water changes, and when fish are sick, they should be done regularly