New Tank pics

Cheesejawa

With the spray bar on the back wall you'll end up with a high flow area on the left and a low flow area on the right. This can be quite useful when spawning tetras as they like jumping in between but can cause areas of low filtration on the right side when you have more decorations/plants.

For a second there I thought your tank was looking like the background. Made me sit up until I realized it's a picture :D

Lemon tetras in my opinion are the best tetras.

I kept them with my discus as they easily handle the upper temps hat are required for discuc.

the more you have the more impressive they look. I had about 15 in a 200 litre tank with two discus.

A sign of good healthy lemons is deep red eyes and they( Body colour) actually turn quite yellow when in large groups with plenty of plant cover.They will even spawn very readily ,especially after feeding live food and giving a large water change slightly cooler than tank temp.

Once you get some plants goin it will look good, Black background will bring out the colours of the fish.

Also what lighting have you got for the plants??

BTW with that filter, remove the carbon from it and add another piece of filter sponge(lfs where you purchased filter should stock spares) I have one of these in one of my nano planted setups and find them great for the price i paid(approx $18.00)

Make sure you post pics of plants once they arrive.

Cheers Simon :lol:

Good to see youve put those plants to good use.lol

Looking great. What sort of lighting have you got?

once the sag starts to establish itself youll find new plants popping up everywhere.

Look forward to seeing up dates.

Nothing like watching a planted tank develop, its forever changing.

• 3 weeks later...

oh nothing really changed I will show updates when I get some drift wood, the flourish excel arrives so the plants can take off oha and hopefully change it to a black background. Now wait hopefully there will be new fish tommorow so I will do updates then.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally updates.

Pretty quality of photos but good camera is broken.

310469218.jpg

main shot of tank.

310469212.jpg

the only focused photo of the lot. Note the GBA trying to sneak into the shot, yes he likes attention.

310469222.jpg

one of the new angels, well not really new I am jsu lazy with doing updates.

310469209.jpg

Ok its a crap photo but its better than ones I didnt post.

Things to do.

> Redo with daltons

> Add driftwood

> Replace plant background with black one

> Get a canister filter.

Hope you like them.

Very nice indeed :bow::bow::bow:

Funny that you are replacing the background because it looks like there's real plants all around a real piece of driftwood :P Well, at least looking at the pics, different in person I suppose 8)

Great job!

Caper