my set up and breeding pairs (updated)

Davd-lw

gorgeous fish. Love the big red, and the crowntails.

Just a question though... with all these people breeding bettas, where do all the young end up? Never really see good ones in pet stores, or listed online... where and how do they change hands?

Just curious 8)

I sell the majority of mine through tm - a lot of the time they are snapped up as soon as I list if I put a buy now on - and I supply someone else. The ones I post pictures of are my breeding adults and they are never sold. Pet shops also buy in bulk - but I don't sell to them - they always look really bad after a week in the tanks.

Anything not up to standard goes to feed bigger fish.

I sell the majority of mine through tm - a lot of the time they are snapped up as soon as I list if I put a buy now on - and I supply someone else. The ones I post pictures of are my breeding adults and they are never sold. Pet shops also buy in bulk - but I don't sell to them - they always look really bad after a week in the tanks.

Anything not up to standard goes to feed bigger fish.

yeap, that's true ! pet shops never take care of them well. and they all look petty.

i do not mind to sell my fighters (apart from my breeding pairs) (Both male and female) to people who know fighters, also want to breed them, and kids who want to develop a new hobbys( i have got 3 kids bought my fighters).

David, your setups looking really good - spawning must be going well.

Let me know next time you are coming up this way. I'm always interested in adding to my fighters gene pool - both veiltails and crowntails.

thx Adrinne. yeap, the most excited event is my copper CT (from Ron) is sprowning now! just start it, do not know the result yet! heaps bubbles under cup. they flirt each other hard out! i will, if you want i can lend 1 of my CT to you for breeding, and i can bring it to you next time when i come to auckland. :P:P:P

• 4 weeks later...