Incredible...Dwarf Gourami Die This Quick?

michael.qian

Bought a neon blue one on saturday, great looking fish.

It was doing really well up until this morning when I noticed a small red dot on its head, came back now from work and it was very dead and very hard.

I knew it was imported but thought I'll just buy one and give it a go, sadly it didn't work out.

Anyone else had a similar case?

Cheers

i thought they needed to be in pairs? Might be completely wrong but it may have died cos it was used to being in with other fish??? I have no idea really...

Nope, not at all. I've kept them fine on their own.

Provided nothing was attacking it, overnight death seems to be more like stress + previous illness.

They're often sold in pairs overseas because sellers find it hard to sell the dull females.

Yep ...Ive had at least 4 with the same or similar red marks but they haven't died that quickly... its taken several weeks and they seem to die of other things but the red marks are the first sign that something is up. My last two have now developed small red marks and, well, i guess i am not going to have gouramis at all soon.

Sadly this is just part of this fish sometimes - we just had our one pass last week after fighting an infection for a week. Developed a red mark which became a white hole which spread. I was PM'ed by someone on an international forum who said the same thing happened to hers. sorry it happened to you so fast though, we at least got two months with goozer

after a slight more than usual water change after the gourami died, I ran out of options but saw some nice small angels in Jansans Botany, even though I do have siamese fighter I decided to take a little risk and bought 4, I do have a contingency plan if they start fighting or fin nipping though.

Introduced the angels yesterday morning, the siamese fighter was excited for a few seconds, but then funnily enough it started kind of schooling with them, even this morning they were very close together and all fins are perfectly intact and no signs of fighting at all.

I have a Siamese fighter in my community tank with assorted Danios, Rasboras, Tetras, Gouramis, Corys, Loaches, and a couple zig zags. the tanks is huge. but he has adopted one litta area that he doesnt leave until feeding time. They have been all in there now for some time without incident, but could all the other fish be stressful for him?