What is good bacteira?

I-LOVE-FISH

i just wanted to know if your tank is not green but slimy (on the glass) is that good bacteira???if you dont have a filter that cleans up poos and leftover food how do you know what to clean and what to leave.Also do you think that i should clean all the pebbles since there is no filter to clean the yuck stuff up???? :-?

Go buy a decent filter. Without one, you might as well not bother unless you're doing huge daily water changes and vacuuming the bottom properly. The water flow from the filter will also cause the surface of the water to move which will help with oxygen exchange.

The slimy stuff on your glass is probably not a good thing. Clean it off. Vacuum your substrate (gravel/sand). Do a nice water change immediately. In the morning, go and buy a good filter, one that will adequately filter your size of tank. Preferably one with UV.

If its brown then I beleive it is bacteria, not 100% sure if its the same or not.

Would recommend getting a small filter to suit your application. UV isnt necessary, just anything. This provides a safe area for the good bacteria to live, and ensures that all the water passes through.

Water movement from an air bubbler etc might be doing this for you at present, but thats not a reliable system, and when you clean your tank it'll stuff up the natural cycle that I am assuming is in place.

If your tank is tropical, I thouroughly recommend bristlenose or golden bristlenose to keep the glass clean for you. Alternatively you can just buy those magnetic algae cleaners.

You can use a readily available gravel vacuum, which allows you to remove the crud from the pebbles when syphoning out water at your next partial water change (20-30%). I wouldn't recommend doing this until you've got a filter running and have had so for a week.

Hope that helps a little. My advice is playing on the safe side, you can take risks if you wish but doing the above will give your fish the best chance at staying healthy.