Clouds

Jalil30

I have a custom made 75gallon(255 liter ) hexagon tank. it houses 2 Oscars (7in) , a Red Devil (5 in), and a Pleco (8in). It is constantly cloudy. I do weekly partial changes 25-40 %. And there is enough filtration for 3 times the size of this tank. "WHAT IS GOING ON?" Is there any remedy?

:cry: I was told 75 gallons was sufficient for the 2 Oscars...

It is, provided the tank is 4' long and 18x18" wide/high. What are the dimensions of the tank? 3 times filtration isn't very much, with big messy fish like oscars you should aim for more like 10x per hour.

And re-housing the red devil would be a good idea, at 5" s/he is getting close to puberty, and once mature will need at least a 75g for himself or he'll shread the oscars.

:cry: I was told 75 gallons was sufficient for the 2 Oscars... Would rehousing the red devil and pleco solve my problem? I really cant afford a larger tank right now. not to mention I have 9 running in an apartment already.

I think you could get away with the 2 Oscars and a Plec - I have a breeding pair of Oscars and a Rusty Plec in a tank that is about 65 USG, but they have a 5 x volume/hour filter and still get 90% water changes a week.

that makes me hopeful onch. I really don't want to get rid of them. They started the whole fish keeping bug. I was warned they would get big. just not how fast. I went from 1 tank to 9 in under a year. from the 75 gallon tank they are in now. all the way down to the 10 gallon They came home to. I am going to the LFS store now to price some tanks. Maybe I will find a deal... wish me luck. if adding a 10th is luck :-?