my picture is to big

I-LOVE-FISH

hey!im kinda new at this so i wanted to know where you guys get your pictures of fish on your profile.i keep trying to up-load photos but it says it has to be under a certain amout of gigs or whatever or it has to be a smaller size (e.g 100 by 50) i have tried up-loading photos i copied and pasted from google and i have tried to up-load photos i have taken with my camera.the google ones are to big in length and with and my camera ones are to big in terms of gigs or whatever they call them.help!!!! :(

Also if you have Microsoft Outlook for your email, depending on which version you have, you can resize photos by emailing the photos to yourself and choosing the resize option in the attachment options. That way they email you receive from yourself will have a smaller version of the photo and you can save that and use it. Make sense? Probably not.

Having said that though, all I use it for is re-sizing photos. I use to use it when I was looking after a MTB Club Website at Uni. :D

I like to use Picassa2 from Google for Cropping, filtering, removing red eye and other touch-ups for photos. 8)

I also use photo-shop to get funky and creative with stuff. :wink:

But when I was looking after the website I use to make thumbnails for the site using a freeware program I got off the net called EzyThumbnails or something like that. Just copied and resized pics and you could do batches of photos in one go and make copies of the resized photos.

I guess I found that the office program was really good at changing photo size without loosing too much picture quality. :bounce: :bounce:

Glad to be able to help though, even if it wasn't passing on Fish knowledge 8)