Fishless

Warren

Hi All,

Today I am officially fishless. This is a condition I find rather disturbing but I'm sure won't last too long. My 8' tank started to become a bit of a chore to keep up with. So, while all was still going good and I did not lose the love for the hobby I sold it (to Henward) - hopefully it makes it to Auckland ok.

I am already planning the new tank, somewhat smaller but not too much. The major dimensions will be reduced significantly. Old tank 2310 x 810 x 650 (L x W x H). New tank will be 1550 x 700 x 790 (viewing window of 700). The capacity will drop from 1180L to 790L so still a reasonable volume for stability.

I was struggling to get the plants to grow properly in the 650 depth (always grew out the top) so 790 should make a big difference. The bottom 90mm will not be viewable as this is the gravel - why view this if you don't need to.

The new tank will have a steel frame with fibreglass over kevlar/aluminium honeycomb panels. Only the front window will be glass. This will be Starfire glass for super-clear finish and 12mm thickness + toughened. This will give a glass safety factor of over 20.

I'm going for a very classy look, similar to the Eheim tanks but better looking. Polished stainless steel with exotic wood, - probably African Rosewood to match the speakers... I might even have enough of the vineer left.

Anyway, this is my official status but it hopefully won't last too much longer. I'm already having withdrawal symptoms. :cry:

fair enough, i too a year back went through 'cutting back' but i realised i cant:D so re purchsed rarities and specimens. i went through major withdrawals, to feed my addiction i was visiting the pet store very very regularly :D

well, hpe the tank makes it to auckland ok too, lookng forward to seeing it tommorow.

your new tank sounds fancy and well.... very over engineered, which is good lol

Nah you get tremors much like a discus flirting(..which depending on the company you keep can some time be a good thing).

Then you see the fish climbing the walls then you get all sweaty (diaphoretic) and then you wake up and realise that since its only been 24 hours since you got rid of your last tank, that you might just be able to sneak a new (but larger) tank into the house, and say "...Nah thats the same one ....it just looks bigger cause I cleaned it, AND its got those new fish you said you liked in it instead...Id be really disapointed if you dont like it cause it took a long time and I did it just for you, Honey"

:lol: :oops: :lol:

Navarre