Swim Bladder Disorder

heyandrea_

My work place has an aquarium, and I noticed today that one of the fish wasn't swimming normal. It kept trying to swim down to the bottom of the tank, but kept floating to the top and then it would bob on the top of the water on its side for a few secs and then try and swim to the bottom again. It looked as though it was trying to stop itself from floating to the top of the water. It's a fantail goldfish. Is there any cure for this? Or is it too late? And does this sound like swim bladder disorder?

nope always had the same brand of food, the other fish in the tank is fine.. although we did have a death about a week ago, but i wasnt there to see the fish at the time, and another staff member got rid of it before i could look at it.. nothing has changed, water changes are made reguarly etc.. just looks like a case of swim bladder to me

No, seriously. Sorry but I can't think off hand who told me, someone who used it on here and since then have seen it on other places. To be honest, don't exactly remember if I was told about it for swimm bladder or constipation :-? But I do know it is good to treat them with peas for constipation (thought I did this edit last night...duh!)

But my goldies get peas once a week and if I think there swimming off so to speak they get the treatment but if I recall only had to do that once quite awhile ago.

Caper