Thinking of getting into Terrariums...

Jezza

interesting review Jeremy, I must admit I have never paid much attention to the actual enclosures, I only have eyes for the reptiles :o

but I would agree areas could do with a bit of work, after spending some time helping out up there I am amazed what is actually accomplished with what resources they have available!

It has blown me away how much work would be involved in running a place with so many reptiles, my hat goes off to them :hail:

I think we " herpers" are very lucky to have somewhere to go to see these wonderful reptiles in such open natural spaces.

were you the guy with all the kids writing all the reptiles names down.

pity you missed the alligators mating, when you see the actual owner excited you know you are lucky to see something that you wouldnt normally witness!!

Ha ha, noooo but I was in the first Gecko house on the "loop" at the same time as them me and my missus where down the other end when you first came in to prune the runs...

I'm about 6'2, 100kg and was wearing a dark blue speights t-shirt with light blue shorts and glasses... My gf is about 6'0 and had a black singlet on with 3/4 pants...

I was laughing at the male in the big enclosure, he was chasing the female up a branch, bu every couple of steps it looks like he would change his mind and start going backwards. :lol:

I think it is so they look like leaves on trees moving with the wind.

but I would agree areas could do with a bit of work, after spending some time helping out up there I am amazed what is actually accomplished with what resources they have available!

Totally agree, the park doesnt make much in the way of revenue, what you see is the effort of Ivan and those willing to lend a helping hand.

Well done for making the effort to give him a hand Chris, a little goes a long way up there and im sure you not only enjoyed yourself but were happy with what you accomplished. :bow:

Ahh, well you learn something new everyday...

Those capuchins are left over from the days when the park was a zoo, like everything else in nz zoological institutions the animals have a very limited gene pool. They can't reproduce (one or both are fixed) so the pair at the park are simply in retirement... and what a view :)