filter type/size

Gill

depends what fish you keepin

eheims are expensive, you looking at 400 plus

trademe has cheaper ones that will do the trick

but if you have and wanna spend the money

eheims will give you the peace of mind you want!

I have always felt that you get what you pay for a lot of the time. Eheims have always given me faultless service, are easy to work with and maintain and spares are readily available if needed.

we have one tank with a fluval 405 and one tank with an eheim 2213 - I am a big fan of the fluval 5 series, but from my lesson that I learnt, spend a little bit more money when you set it up and it saves you spending even more when you need to upgrade.

id actually go with a aqua one canister. i know its cheap looking, cheap feeling, but its ultimately... CHEAP...

its not as bad as some people make it out to be, but its worked fine for me, i hav a cf 500 and a cf700 on my 90cm tank, not too bad. but yeah, if your more of a branded person, i would go for a eheim or a fluval canister

(GO FOR A SUMP AND KEEP SOME MONSTER FISH)

(GO FOR A SUMP AND KEEP SOME MONSTER FISH)

Hehe :D

That is actually the BEST filter system you could use, and perfectly practical for that size tank. If you have some DIY skilz and an old 80 litre tank it is probably even the cheapest option. :wink:

Ehiem cannisters are without a doubt the best out of box option, but they are pricey.

The AquaOne and similar are the best value for money, but I would consider running several filters if I was setting up a big tank with cheap filters. That way if one does fail the other one keeps your fish alive while you fix / replace it.

Heck, you could run a small cannister, a big HOB and a reverse flow undergravel, still be cheaper then an Ehiem and have 2 backup systems ;)

Cheers

Ian

P.S. End of the day Ron is right. If you put in any sensible filter, stock your tank sensibly and keep up the water changes it will be fine 8)

From what ive heard those 2400LPH aqua ones are good.. They seem good value for money..

Some people get hung up on brand name stuff, I guess its just like everything else in life maybe you do get what you pay for ive got a few aqua ones that are a few years old now and still going strong so is my 2213... If I was buying a filter for your tank I would look at an cf1200 or jebo 819, IMO theres no point in spending big $$ on an eheim when you can get similar performance with a smaller price and you still have to do maintenance regardless of how much you spend, im not overly impressed with the 404 either for the money..

If you did want to spend big $ get an FX5 they're wicked filters :)