Cories and "Wunder Tonic"

carla

The combination of drugs will be good because the fungus is often an oportunistic infection following a wound with bacterial infection. I think the combination would be safe on corries but if in doubt and only present on a couple of fish you could dab it on straight. If it is on a lot of corries it may not be fungus. I used to breed a lot of corries and don't recall having to treat them for anything. the only thing to be weary of would be malachite on fish sensitive to copper

Alan that is what I wondered - ARE Cories sensitive to copper or not? It seems to be a wild mix of stuff in this bottle.

This is the first time ever that I have to treat cories, so not quite sure what they can handle and what not - hence the question if anybody has used this stuff on cories before - and did they survive the treatment LOL.

I have used all the ingredients but not together and not on corries. The quinine is for parasites so no real use and the malachite could be the problem. You could use meth blue for fungus and acraflavine as an antibacterial. I would dab it on the wound and hold it out of the water for as long as possible (which is a while with corries) If it is around the mouth it may not be fungus but they do get damaged on sharp gravel round the barbels. How many are affected and where abouts?

Can't say Ive struck that before. If you are worried, dab it on the affected area only. Might even be safe with wunder tonic as the malachite is toxic through the gills I think and there wouldn't be much in the water. Are you a gambler? Let us know how it goes. What sort of corries are they?