2nd fish gone in 3 weeks! Whats going on?

jn

Hi all, need some ideas.I'm having some trouble with my leopardfish.

One died 3 weeks ago and on other has just suddenly taken a similar turn (both females). I haven't added any new fish to this tank in ages (and the leopard were the last ones in ...It might have been june?)

Early on they had trouble with some sort of parasite. I did a full course treatment with prazi, they were still flashing occasionally after that. I did a full course of Wonder Cure. That last treatment was a couple months ago..They all seemed fine till 3 weeks ago.

The last one looked a little bit big in the belly. I thought maybe she was carrying fry. Next day she had dropsy and quickly 'checked out'. This morning I noticed another hanging around on its own. Near the top of the tank but not gasping at the top. So... I watched at dinner time.. she didn't eat. When I turned the filter back on she was starting to just drift and was having trouble with her balance. I've got her in a breeder net right now but she's starting to float upside down and I probably won't leave her in the tank with the others overnight in case she dies. (don't want her spreading what she's got!). She looks like her tail is a little frayed.. but my jordanellas are fin nippers and its not that bad. Many of my fish have some nip marks and I make take the jordanellas out eventually.

I can only think it's a bacteria? Or its been injured by one of my Jordanellas? What else could kill so quickly?

Nitrates are good about 10. No ammonia or nitrite, tank is 80L, planted, lightly stocked, pH about 7.6 (normal for me). I change about 30L/week or 10 days.

Would formalin help against a bacteria? I'd like to avoid furan if possible. (I'd like to avoid any chemicals if possible!!) but I don't want to lose any more fish!

I also have white clouds in there. No trouble with them. Is it possible for livebearers to not be able to deliver their fry? What else could be going on??