Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

guppys with angels

Featured Replies

if i was to buy some guppys and stick them in with my angels, could i breed the guppys so the angels eat them as little fish or would the breeding guppys get eaten

Most likely the breeding guppies would get eaten, a large female might survive, a friend of mine did the same thing and ended up with a very fat happy angel!

The Angels will still attack the male guppy's fins and probably kill them over time :-?

Angles look all preacefull and innocent.. but they are predatory cichlids in disguise ;)

Cheers

Ian

Hey,

I also have angels but mine are larger. Me, too, have had guppies. Started with three, down to one 8) and then that one (big female) got 'transferred' (netted from my tank, ran into his room and into his tank, no negative imact on anyone)to my brother's swordtail tank when I discovered my first batch of eggs. Now however, I feed my angels on mozzie larvae and the swordies have even had some :lol:. Please refer to my 'guppie breeding' thread in the beginners section :oops:

I have Neons and young Black Neons in with my adult Altums and they don't get bothered. I was told as a rule of thumb if the fish will fit through the eye of another it will be eaten. .... I always thought it was fit in their mouths! :lol:

I have kept a few angels now. Some seem to eat anything and everything, and others are much less agressive. If you can get full size guppies, I reckon it would be worth the risk (specially if you can get some free ones). Putting some floating plants in the top like Indian Fern, and some ground cover like java moss, will give the adults a chance.

Good luck!!

I have Angels and Guppies together....at the moment, the Angels are only young at the moment though....BUT they are showing signs of interest in the guppies lol...might have to move them soon....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.