apple snails

minchton

one of our members has had a hatching of apple snails on the grass beside her pond.

Can anybody advise what is the next step she should take. the young have been in the grass for two days. is it safe just to leave them, put them in a tank or what. Please help

Mitch

When I've had apple snails do their thing inside they fall back into the tank once the egg cluster starts to disintergrate - hence I would suggest putting them into water.

Have the adult snails been outside over winter before? When I tried having brown apple snails outside over winter there weren't any survivors, further reading indicated that they really are a tropical snail rather than a snail that can manage tropical temperatures.

How long is it supposed to take before the eggs hatch? I have had a cluster for 5 weeks now but see nothing happening...all I have found out from the internet so far seems to indicate about 4 weeks...but most of it was in German so I am less than sure :-? Did I let them dry out too much perhaps? :(

• 3 months later...