Breeding by mistake

Mrs Frog

I have to put bigger fish in with my guppys to STOP them breeding :o

Well technically it doesn't stop them breeding, but the kribenisis is happy, and there are no guppy fry left :-?

Many fish will try and breed in a community tank, some will even succeed. But generally the fry get eaten by the other fish :(

Cheers

Ian

I was wondering if anyone has successfully bred fish without even trying too lol....did you just find eggs that hatched, or did your fish have babies unexpectedly? If so, what type of fish were they...I might keep away from this ones lol.

:lol: :lol:

Hate to tell you Mrs Frog but I've found Danio's like to breed like rabbits.... :lol: :o :lol:

re don't you have - Zebra's ?? :lol: :roll:

you can always sell them or do what Ianab does with his fish and get a bigger fish to eat fry....

By the way Ianab ... I like your thinking, I may just do that with my fish...

:lol: :lol:

Hate to tell you Mrs Frog but I've found Danio's like to breed like rabbits.... :lol: :o :lol:

re don't you have - Zebra's ?? :lol: :roll:

you can always sell them or do what Ianab does with his fish and get a bigger fish to eat fry....

By the way Ianab ... I like your thinking, I may just do that with my fish...

I do have Danio's lol...but I only have 3 so heres hoping they are all female or male....although I suspect I may have 2 females and 1 male :o

I think I would try to sell some and if not I would take Ian's path too :)

:o

That males in heaven :lol:

Best of luck, there's always someone wanting fish... but at least you have another option.... :D

Yeah thats what I'm thinking! I assuming the two are female as they have quite rounded belly compared to the other more slimline fish :D

Yeah thats what I'm thinking! I assuming the two are female as they have quite rounded belly compared to the other more slimline fish

Yea you'll be right there 2 females 1 male.... sounds text book to me re rounded belly female/slimline male .... I have 20 odd Danios and thats how mine are. :lol:

At least only having one male the females have a chance in getting a break.... the males chase females when "laying" .... can get a bit out of hand if you have lots of males chasing 1 poor old female... :o

Only other thing is Danios are a school fish :-? :-? and really like to be in a school of 6+.... :-?

Fun to watch darting around tank.... they will come up to you too...