Whitespot or conditioned male?

IOU1

Long story short, I bought an apparent "female" gloeeye fish that I have been conditioning and that I have finally found a male for. However, today after taking "her" out of the pond and putting it with the male I noticed white spots all over her body, fins etc. She was not leaving this male alone and following it around, rubbing up against it, but nothing happened.

So...

Is this "female" a male that has been conditioned to breed and is in breeding mode, does she have whitespot or what is the stroy? :oops:

I have other goldfish that are sepearted male and female and the males are developing these white spots on the gills and fins, but not all over the body. I have red though that males can develop these white spots all over their body though in breeding condition, so is this fish actually a male?

White spot or conditioned male that was sold as a female, what do you think? :-? :o :roll:

Thanks 8)

Thanks guys, he is in a barrel by himself ATM (not really a pond :oops: ). I will try to grab a picture of him tomorrow and see if I can feel the pimples. I saw on a website that if they are really in breeding condition that they will rub against other males aswell if there are no present females, which got me wondering.

Thanks again, will try to upload a pic tomorrow :D