November 29, 200718 yr comment_198144 Hi This is probably not rare or unusual. Not sure if it's even a loach to be honest. It was listed as a flying fox in my lfs but doesn't look like one with the gold stripes. I have 2 that are about 4-5 cm long. As you can see it has a thickish irridescent gold gand and there is a very fine one running below the black band. Red patches on the dorsal and tail and ventral fins. 2 short barbs (barbels?) you can just about see on the second pic. Any help with their ID would be great. They are vewry cute and not at all shy. Cheers, Darren Report
November 29, 200718 yr comment_198145 Here's how to tell them all apart: http://www.thekrib.com/Fish/Algae-Eaters/ Report
November 29, 200718 yr Author comment_198146 Well I guess it's a flying fox after all. No mention of the red fins in the descriptions though. Also can only see one pair of barbels but I guess they may be too small. Thanks for the link. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.