Festivums

Cheesejawa

Hmmm they can be very aggressive, my mother and others I know have kept them in the past and once maturing they can turn into fair devils in the tank, seriously, what seemed to be a very laid back cichlid at first, turned into very territorial trouble makers :o :lol:

They are breedable, don't know about crazy, never been overly fussed on them, so never kept them 8) They are at times on the suppliers lists up this way... so they do get brought in. Not sure if they end up down your way often or at all.. depends who the lfs deal with as in fish wholesalers and what they order in :D

I kept them a few years ago in a community tank and had no problems however they were very young, I also had a breeding pair of firemouths int he same community tank and they were fine also but very small..

I would take on the advice here and if you still want them bear in mind you will have to dedicate a tank just to them as for where to get them from I would just wait until they get on the list again and buy them, unfortunately when they're not on the list people think they're rare and hard to get and try to charge big money for them..

I kept them a few years ago in a community tank and had no problems however they were very young, I also had a breeding pair of firemouths int he same community tank and they were fine also but very small..

Yeah for sure! Mine were in a community and going great with congo tetras, a few gouramis, corys and all sorts, but once they get big they get REALLY nasty.

(actually REALLY nasty!)

Once mature and sized up, in all honesty, peaceful wouldn't be the word to describe them... my mothers cracked everything in her tank... there were larger ones brought into where my husband works, and they had aggression issues with that lot also... you can always give them a whirl but bear in mind that there are cases of aggression when they mature and adopt territory.. unfortunately my mothers and other keepers I have spoken to, theirs adopted the whole tank as territory, not just an area.