Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Unwell Damsel?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 89
  • Views 70.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you were considering re-doing your aquascape anyway I'd have another go at catching and treating the fish - that many fish in one little tank sounds like a recipe for another set of problems :-?

Fmxmatt, pm me your address. I will send you a bottle of stuff called Stop Parasite, it should solve it just follow the instructions on the bottle. I can send it today. Just send it back once you finished.

  • Author

Have PM'd Wasp

I am tempted to change the aquascaping anyway as i'm finding it hard to find spots for coral with the cove setup. But if I could solve it without that then I can wait a while before I change everything.

  • Author

Dixon, would love to, but unfortunatly most medications contain copper, which is fatal to inverts, so i'd end up losing all my corals, snails, shrimp etc

The Stop Parasites has been posted.

It claims to be reef safe but i have found it can make some of the corals sulk a bit but not kill them.

The instructions are on the bottle but the basic idea is you dose it every 3 days. It works by attacking the free swimming stage plus will make some, but not all, the cysts drop off. It does not completely eradicate the whitespot from the tank, but you do the full course of treatment as per the label instructions, and this buys the fish enough time to develop immunity.

Do a double dose first day only, and you should see the fish improve within a few days. It is important to follow the dosing schedule exactly.

Myself and others have had good success with this product, but unfortunately it is now illegal to import it.

  • Author

Cheers heaps Wasp

If I notice my Corals sulking, should I perhaps move them to a hospital tank for a while?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.