November 27, 200718 yr comment_197856 Hmmm yes well if it's that bad may have to remove for treatment. Report
November 27, 200718 yr comment_197857 Unless you were considering re-doing your aquascape anyway I'd have another go at catching and treating the fish - that many fish in one little tank sounds like a recipe for another set of problems :-? Report
November 27, 200718 yr Author comment_197860 Ok so say I just catch the Tang, what about the others which have it? Report
November 27, 200718 yr comment_197861 Fmxmatt, pm me your address. I will send you a bottle of stuff called Stop Parasite, it should solve it just follow the instructions on the bottle. I can send it today. Just send it back once you finished. Report
November 27, 200718 yr Author comment_197862 Have PM'd Wasp I am tempted to change the aquascaping anyway as i'm finding it hard to find spots for coral with the cove setup. But if I could solve it without that then I can wait a while before I change everything. Report
November 27, 200718 yr comment_197863 Could you put the fish that arent infected into the 70L? And treat the main tank? Report
November 27, 200718 yr Author comment_197864 Dixon, would love to, but unfortunatly most medications contain copper, which is fatal to inverts, so i'd end up losing all my corals, snails, shrimp etc Report
November 27, 200718 yr comment_197865 Could the corals not go in the 70L tank aswell?Or is there too many of them? Report
November 27, 200718 yr Author comment_197866 Probably too many, but i'd have to find a place for my liverock aswel which definatly wouldn't fit. Report
November 27, 200718 yr comment_197868 yup, the rock would absorb the copper, which is why most LFSes have fish & coral systems on seperate systems. Report
November 28, 200718 yr comment_197895 The Stop Parasites has been posted. It claims to be reef safe but i have found it can make some of the corals sulk a bit but not kill them. The instructions are on the bottle but the basic idea is you dose it every 3 days. It works by attacking the free swimming stage plus will make some, but not all, the cysts drop off. It does not completely eradicate the whitespot from the tank, but you do the full course of treatment as per the label instructions, and this buys the fish enough time to develop immunity. Do a double dose first day only, and you should see the fish improve within a few days. It is important to follow the dosing schedule exactly. Myself and others have had good success with this product, but unfortunately it is now illegal to import it. Report
November 28, 200718 yr Author comment_197896 Cheers heaps Wasp If I notice my Corals sulking, should I perhaps move them to a hospital tank for a while? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.