Any tropical plant growers in the Manawatu plez

Evie

Hi I need to get some plant for my tank and wondered if there are any local people who sell plants. Would appreciate if you could get back to me. I especially like the look of Amazon fern? I'm not sure if thats the name but its the lovely broad leaved one and you can get the moss in it as well.

Hey there,

moving this to the plants section, it'll get more responses there :)

There is a plant called an Amazon Sword, has very large leaves and has a large root system, but I think you're actually thinking of Java Fern, which can attach itself to a piece of wood. Java Moss is an unrelated plant but it also attaches to wood and is a fine moss with nice dark green colour to it.

Hope that helps a little :) Java Fern grows well in beginner tanks and doesn't need much light, same with Java moss, although I always seem to kill mine :(

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for your help. I seem to be doing it all wrong. Making too many threads and putting them in the wrong departments ......lol. You will have to sack me!!!!I will learn. Yes thats the plants I want. Ummmm if I remember correctly cichlids are not compatible with little livebearers but thanks for the offer!!!!

lol thats my signature, its at the bottom of all my posts, yeah you really don't want convicts! Got another two hundred or so yesterday, leaving the parents to defend their young by themselves, hopefully the clown knife will reduce my numbers :-?

I can spare a tiny bit of java moss and a bit of Java Fern, but hopefully somebody local will offer some good sized plants to you first :) If not just give me a yell.

Oh no....I thought you were offering me cichlids! lol

Thanks for the offer, its very kind of you, I will wait and see what comes up otherwise I will buy some from Wet Pets........Sounds like you haven't got heaps of it. It seems like that particular plant isn't very plentiful. Does it take a long time to grow?