130l tank ok for cichlids?

vindy500

Read the other post :)

You might get away with demasoni and yellow, I have been planning to do it and will give it a go eventually :)

If you wanted to come and have a look give me a yell I'm just down the road and (not trying to sound arrogant) probably have a few more africans than you will see in the shops or most people's houses around here..

I would say 3ft minimum sorry man..

A high tank is no good for them they need territory, although my dominant male's territory is the whole 5x2 base of the tank the other demasoni have somewhere to hide if he has a wobbly or is breeding and none have been damaged severely.

Some Tanganyikans don't get as big - I'd go for a wee colony of N. pulchers. With lots of rock work they'd be great in there :)

Lots of interest too as they all look after the babies and are always interesting to watch.

Sorry if I upset anyone but IMO electric yellows are ugly fish that get too big for their own good, and the only thing of interest about them is the fact they mouthbrood... Why do so many people keep them??!!

Some Tanganyikans don't get as big - I'd go for a wee colony of N. pulchers. With lots of rock work they'd be great in there :)

Lots of interest too as they all look after the babies and are always interesting to watch.

Sorry if I upset anyone but IMO electric yellows are ugly fish that get too big for their own good, and the only thing of interest about them is the fact they mouthbrood... Why do so many people keep them??!!

Yea some 'Pulcher' would be cool in that tank.

And yea, i dont like the big Yellows, but i do like them when they are still young!

I love my yellow's and so do most people who come over and see my tanks :) The yellow's and demasoni turn the most heads people always say "the yellow and blue/purple ones are cool" and kids always go for the yellow's.. They even get called taxicabs from some friends kids being yellow and black..

And yellow's don't get big or nasty they'd be lucky to outgrow 4-5" and that would be a very very old one..

I can see why they're popular, they're bright yellow and black awesome colours, they're easy to breed, easy to keep, relatively nice natured.. All good!

Yeah, I know people like them, and they do look great in a nice tank when you've got lots of them. But I really think that you need them in a group to look good.

I just think there are much richer pickings from the african lakes than them... But like I said its just my opinion!