Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Royal Knife Fish

Featured Replies

Not really my cup of tea - a bit big for my tanks but just thought I'd alert those who may be interested that there's an RKF at Redwood's - around 10 inches long. I understand these are a rarity in NZ...

:D

  • Author

This one is very shiny silver with black spots - for all it's size and shape (that leave me cold) it is actually a very impressive looking fish.

  • Author

Yes Catfishdude - he is for sale - was still there Sunday when I went in and I must admit I am warming to it - still too big for me mind you. :D

Hey Caryl - thanks for posting the pic - looks very much like the one at redwoods - although I do recall a few more spots and fewer stripes.

Picking up a breedign tank tomorrow so I'll have another gander. :)

  • Author

Subsequent look confirms - more spots fewer stripes - apparently because this one is still quite young (makes me wonder how big they do get :o ). Oh and DocH - they are asking for offers over $300.

Offers over $300!!!!! A bit over 2 years ago, when I got my Clown Knife from the Hutt Pet Centre, they had a Royal Knife there as well, about the same size, for $75. And they get big, TeeCee, very, very big..... up to 3 feet under idea conditions

They usally grow to around a metre long in the wild, the asians use them as food. But they generally never get larger than 2 feet in home aquariums. Very nice fish but $300 is way over the top. 8)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.