Attn: Deep Sea Diver Tank Decor...

Captain Conkout

I just got a deep submergence suit set for my tank from the Warehouse for $25 its pretty cool if you want a fun addition to your tank.

I don't have a pic of mine in the tank but it's the same as the one this guy is selling on ebay and looks great hunting thru the crpyts..

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEEP-SEA-DIVING-SUIT-WORKS-GREAT-FOR-G-I-JOE_W0QQitemZ320170121323QQihZ011QQcategoryZ2467QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It comes with a figure and a lame ass sea monster but I took the screws out of it and removed the plastic windows and it looks boss in the tank - about 17cm tall at a guess...

I haven't seen tank decor like it and reckon it looks great in mine with the big wrecked ship :). Got 2 rubber sharks coming and gonna make a floating mine field. Much better (and easier to plant) than my 1974-vietnam-rice-field-US-vs-Vietkong-battle-scene I had been planning...!

(..plus the pet shop managed to sell the 2 on-sale bubbling combat choppers with rotating turbines so it was dead in the water anyway.)

lol :lol: that sounds so cool. Would be neat to see a pic when done. I went away from the 'norm' a bit in my tank landscaping. I have small dk grey pebbles with a light scattering of white pebbles just to off set the grey. then randomly placed small polished pieces of paua around. The colouring in the paua looks just like the colouring in my pearl gourami. And as the corys keep moving the paua to look for food, it keeps changing. I'm on the lookout for those really small paua shells to put in whole.

I wonder if the paua will effect your ph over time.. I remember reading that bits of shells can do that. Might be something to watch but with water changes you probably won't notice it anyway...

Yeah when I first started out I wanted to make some poor mans paludarium (?) with branches and all that but really the fish love the ship i bought for about $100 and it really just looks like a reef now with the plants in. Once I decide to go one way I don;t do things by halves so big fake and fun it will be.

Anther idea I had was I saw a blackhawk chopper toy about 40cm long at the warehouse too was thinking of painting it and breaking it up some to make it look shot down and do a sandy bottom tank to look like IRAQ. Maybe some IED forces takign a cheesy victory photo too. Spose could doctor up java ferns on top of a stalk to look like palm trees... hah too much trouble and I have too many plants now.

Maybe for a show tank sometime!