Hi, I'm new to Axlotls

Mrs Frog

hi all. I have just purchased some Axlotls as I'm really keen to have these as pets. I have the tanks all ready to go but I am wondering if it is really necessary to have a filter in the tank?? I hear so much conflictin info I'm getting confused. Thanks.

yes itis

you can leave the axolotls in there wiht a internal for agees with out water changes

they are actually ver hardy

i have had axolotles, bought and sold, i dnt change it frequently at all, so long you hvae a good filter, maybe some plants.

axolotls are one of the creatures only creatures that can shrink when not fed and fatten up again with out stunting growth, they hvae extreme regeneration capailities. some documentation say that axolotls can go 6 months with out any food at all, an adult shrinkin to half its size to feed it self, and when fed gain growing uickly to full size over a cdouple of months.

but, filter would save you hassles definately. but its not a must, if you change the water ever week, filter wont do much.