suggestions for easy to breed cichlids

jimbob

Hi Guys,

I have an 85cml x 25cmw x 50cmh tank which is currently housing a pair of angels and their wrigglers. When the fry are bigger i will move them to another tank and put the angels back in my 4ft tank, or give them to a friend.

just wondering what is a nice easy to breed, semi interesting cichlid that will be low maintenance (well relative to breeding fish), and happy to breed in this size tank.

what i had in mind was a pair of convicts, or maybe a mouth brooding african fish like the electric yellows. anyone got any other suggestions?

particularly african fish as ive never had any of those before so would be keen to try

Cheers,

Ben.

There might be someone around wanting to sell some adult Brichardi... we keep both, Pulchers and Brichardi.. currently have some older youngster Brichardi available... but Pulchers are a way off, this lot are a bit young at this stage. Once you decide on a definate, might pay to ask around in Trade and Exchange section 8)

A few leleupi around at the moment, but will need about 5 young ones to start off- but cool fish- lovely colour.

Or give the Jewel Cichlid a go- the most American looking African I think-easy and cheap.

Both like hidey holes but also gregarious and fun to watch.

Agree with the Daffodil option too -it's like someone did a custom paint job on a brichardi.

thanks for the suggestions guys, and thanks for the offer wok.

i have decided that i would ultimately like some daffodil pulchers :)

will post in the trade and exhange section.

afrikan, when your little ones grow up please contact me as if i havent got any by then id be stoked to get some of yours (if you are willing to ship...)

Cheers,

Ben.