nano planted project update

jamestothemax

Just thought i'd chuck a few pics up to show how the little tank was coming along.

There have been a few changes since the beginning in terms of fish and plants but it still seems to be ticking along ok and the plants seem to be growing quick.

at the start:

boyu1.jpg

now:

DSC01031.jpg

glosso:

DSC00999.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

anubius:

DSC01009.jpg

hope the pics work..........

both tanks:

DSC00997.jpg

Cold water tank with swords and indian fern:

DSC00996.jpg

yeah theres a heater just behind the anubius in the tropical tank. i have a little clipping in the cold tank aswell to see how it goes so yeah should be interesting.

the glosso has only been going for a few weeks so should be interesting to see how it looks before i go to oz in mid november. After that the tank will no doubt be ignored by the people looking after it for the 3 months so will have to sort it out again when i come back.

will get some more pics up again before i go to see how its gone.

• 2 weeks later...

just thought id chuck a few more pics up of how the tanks going.

havent been home for the last week or so because ive had to be at uni for like 20 hours a day so came back to a nice surprise of how it was all growing so heres the pics.

edit2.jpg

edit1.jpg

i think it seems to be growing out quite well. bit of hair algae but ill deal with that eventually.

yeah ill try get onto the hair algae but a good water change sorted it out pretty quick before these photos.

Dont wanna cut back on to much light or anything and sacrifice some of the plants dieing back. lights are on 11 hours a day on a timer at the mo.

Still not 100% that it is hair algae to.

yeah the lights are awesome. bit wobbly when you have them bent backwards but do teh trick sweet as and are dead cheap. i may look at makign a basic hood with the power savign bulbs when i get back from oz but for now these will do. Might try getting a decent little external canister filter and co2 kit while im there to but we will see.

Interested to see how the tanks will look when i get back after 3 month because it will only be basic feeding and water changing taking place while im away so i might have to ask them to trim the tiger lotus and stuff hahaha. especially since this growth has been over only a few weeks!

will try get some more photos before i fly out mid nov