Stream + Anenome

markoshark

So, just wondering how many people turn their streams off overnight?

Woke up this morning to hear *tickticktickticktick*.

Bloody Seio had my BTA wrapped around the grill, hopefully it survives.

Be doing a bloody big waterchange tonight, and getting happy with the syphon. Dammit.

guts man.. yeah My Nem has come to grief with my Seio a couple of times. I never turned it off at night coz my corals all need good flow. Only thing you can do is get stocking material or similar to cover up the holes so your nem can't get minced

Sad.

Foot is okish, but most of the tentacles have been skimmed out by the skimmer, i did approx 80L waterchange, also decided to ditch the substrate, as i'm thinking thats causing my phosphate problem, AND! got my two foot long bristle worms in the process. All in all, pretty crap day lol, but looking better now that i have the worms out of the tank :)

And i aslo moved the heater to a corner of the tank, so looking much better.

so decided to ditch the substrate, as i'm thinking thats causing my phosphate problem

Substrate does not cause phostphate problems, its what you put in the tank.

anemoes seem to love going into pumps. my tunze nanos have munched a few

Yes, the capacity of anemones to recover from major injury is remarkable, long as they don't get infected. So just keep the water quality as good as you can, should be sweet. If it gets through the first week & shows signs of healing you are 90% there. If it gets any jelly looking stuff on it's wounds, blow it of with a turkey baster, syringe, or similar.

LOL- btw, that last post was from my boy, I think he meant "source" and also intended to use capitals at the start of a sentence hehehe :lol: Time to make him his own login maybe, or my reputation for (relatively) good spelling and grammar goes down the tubes!!! :lol: :lol:

But back to the bristleworm thing (sorry I know it's a bit of a thread hijack), I have heard you can get some kind of a trap to put in the tank and catch them, anyone have any idea where from?