Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The clan!

Featured Replies

Hi all, just thought I would share a few pics I took today.

GBA doing what GBA"S do best...

0210.07032.jpg

Some one is ready for bed...

0210.07036.jpg

My BN

0210.07073.jpg

Enjoy!

  • Author

Thanks all, Yea the cockatoo is gorgeous! I'm not breeding at the moment and this boy only has one female currently. He will be getting at least two more females soon. I would love to breed them as they are awesome fish!

He is currently in a community tank with an effective loach and an angel so not much hope in their current situation!

:lol:

Thank you, what do they sell for over there?

Does everyone have or breed them as being ancistrus I assume there are plenty?

They look awesome with the black eyes.

Thank you, what do they sell for over there?

Does everyone have or breed them as being ancistrus I assume there are plenty?

Yeah they're not as cheap as common bristlenose, but they breed the same way (although I've noticed in smaller numbers). I've got one batch of eggs under one of my males at the moment.

I'd expect to pay around the 10-15$ mark for a young GBA, $80 for an adult. Although prices are dropping as more local breeders breed.

Thanx for that.

How many babies do they have at a time, 20, 30, 40% less than normals?

Do they grow as big as normal BN?

Sorry for hijacking this post fishtv. :bow:

  • Author

Np Stereotaxic it's fine. They do look awesome I really like them and have two in the tank, too young for breeding yet but who knows? They are getting more and more common here and yes the price is reflecting that.

:lol:

Thanx for that.

How many babies do they have at a time, 20, 30, 40% less than normals?

Do they grow as big as normal BN?

Sorry for hijacking this post fishtv. :bow:

Completely take it back, had to move my GBA colony last night, there is at least 50 of them from a single spawn, blew my mind-hole.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.