Advice on the next step

Fmxmatt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That box was for me - you do have my pump in your 600!

LOL!

Do I really need the anti vibration thing if it doesn't have it? I dont know if I can be bothered pulling it apart when it doesn't make much noise at all (Only a hum from the pump working, wee bit louder than my Nanostreams and significantly quieter than the factory pump that came with the tank)

Reef, should I change it to the 2 oclock position?

LOL!

Do I really need the anti vibration thing if it doesn't have it? I dont know if I can be bothered pulling it apart when it doesn't make much noise at all (Only a hum from the pump working, wee bit louder than my Nanostreams and significantly quieter than the factory pump that came with the tank)

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. It has the 2 pin German plug, Ja?

Try it about the 1 oclock postion, i found that on the small skimmers they work better that way.

Do I really need the anti vibration thing

No, if it is quite then no problem, it most likely has the anti vibration pump by looking at the photo. you can tell by looking at the side of the skimmer cup you will see that the plastic slot that is not flush at the top of the skimmer. this is because the plastic feet on the skimmer will push up the plastic slot by 2mm.