look what I found!

wasp

Volkster, I think you've discovered a new species. You should name it Hermitus Starius Volksterii :bounce:

It wasn't ment to be :x:cry: My darn cleaner shrimp "cleaned" em up!! Yanked him out yesterday :evil: I tried to save em, chased the shrimp away and moved the starfish's leg into a hide-out with it's shell. Came in this morning...gone... maybe it crawled in deeper and is amoungst the rocks??? Here's hoping!!

I thought it would be ok...it's been in the tank for almost a month now and the shrimp never did anything to it...it checked it out in the beginning but that was about it???

• 6 months later...

Here's an update - very interesting:

Thought this guy had died:

13-BristleStarFrag-03-10-07.jpg

vanished about a week later after this shot, my cleaner shrimp made a real meal out of him...was hard trying to save this fella and eventually gave up?

6 Months later...

Moved the tank, left some excess LR in a buck full of water from my water change. 2 days later, come home after a game of squash, looked into the bucked....and to my surprise what do I see... a few of these guys:

16-StarfishFind-28-04-08.jpg

I can't think of anywhere else these guys could have come from?? I have introduce 1 or 2 small pieces of LR from other hobbiest - I could have got it from there???

These little'ns look like Bristle Starfish to me, very simular to the ones I put into my tank 6 odd months ago??? So who knows... starfish are known to regrow.

What do you guys think?