Loaches

shaymis

Oh ok cool.

I had 2 Yoyo's who were best buddies, one of them died yesterday for reasons unknown so my other half went off to the pet shop to get a replacement but he came back with a Zebra loach instead. He seemed happy at first, but then my Yoyo loach seemed to snap and has been chasing the new guy around and around my tank. Its not aggressive chasing, more like "Hey who are you, come here i wanna talk to you" chasing if that makes sense lol!

They seem to be playing tag, will this cease as the Zebra loach finds his place or do i need to sell him and buy another Yoyo?

Yeah ive got no more room in my tank so adding another isnt really an option for me, im hoping they become friends! I just wanted to see if anyone else had kept 2 different species together before without the constant chasing behaviour.

Perhaps they need a talking to haha :lol:

Ive got clowns, yoyos, kuhliis and an 'other' yoyo look alike type in one of my tanks and they get on fine, the two largest yoyos will sometimes chase eachother and will colour up/down to pale silver stripes but never seen any biting etc apart from that they all seem to recognise the different species of eachother

I have two Yoyo's who think that are SAE's and i also have four Khulis, a really nice looking one with redish stripy things and three pretty dull looking ones. I got the dull looking ones to try get the other one to come out of hiding. It comes out now which is good. They are such a social fish, a group of three is a must in my opinoin.