DIY mini canister filter

evilknieval69

Any progress on the DIY filter? Im making one myself so would love to see how good the finished product works or any problems you came across. Went out and bought the exact same container, just taller model lol.

Last night he said he had problems with it leaking water

Yea the seal on it is not 100% pressure tight. I had the whole unit running in a bowl of water (just sucking it in the bottom and blowing it out the top) and then i slowly lifted it out of the bowl.... as soon as the seal got out, it started sucking in air and eventually stopped working. Im going to make another seal for it with some thicker rubber, which will sponge down to make a perfect seal, and if that dont work, then i will just silicon it shut :D

Instead of siliconing it shut, you might try putting silicone around the rim where the current seal should meet. Then smear vaseline or similar on the lid to keep the silicone from sticking to it. Set the lid on so it's nearly closed, let the silicone set then take it off. That way you should have kind of a custom fit seal that once you put the lid on tightly should seal well.

If it works.:)

Instead of siliconing it shut, you might try putting silicone around the rim where the current seal should meet. Then smear vaseline or similar on the lid to keep the silicone from sticking to it. Set the lid on so it's nearly closed, let the silicone set then take it off. That way you should have kind of a custom fit seal that once you put the lid on tightly should seal well.

If it works.:)

Good idea

If you do it, make sure there is only a tiny bit of vas on it. To much will stuff up the mold.

Another option is to try glad wrap as its thin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...