Kribs and Cory's

chaat

My son has a small Aqua One 380 tank.

In it we have a pair of Kribs, two tiny bristlenoses, and three small bronze cory's.

The Kribs have claimed the front 2/3rds of the tank and the cory's have been relegated to the very back and are seldom seen. I've tried rearranging the 'furniture' in there but it seems to make no difference .. the Kribs just reclaim the whole area regardless of where I place their cave.

Should I just give up and remove the cory's to another tank or keep trying. I really don't want to leave them there if they are going to be herded into a corner constantly.

Tania.

Not for his room unfortunately. The little Aqua one is as much space as he has.

The Cory's are now shuffling around the community tank looking happier already. Seem to have made friends with the Schwartzi's in there.

Caleb's tank is looking pretty bare now. Are there any top swimmers who would cope with the Kribs ?

Tania.

Well.. I guess I'll be taking him back down to the LFS to choose some more fish for his tank. The Kribs can move into one of the bigger tanks .. pleanty of room in a couple for them.

I made a point of asking the sales person about the Kribs being ok in that tank too :evil: I've never had them myself, so knew nothing about them. Caleb thought they were awesome though.

Back to the drawing board.

Any suggestions on small funky fish for a 5 year olds bedroom tank ?

I would have to disagree with everyone here and say that a pair of kribs will be fine in that tank, but you wont be able to put much else with them. You could try 2 or 3 zebra danios, as they will stay near the top, and will be too fast for the kribs anywho.

I had my pair in a 200l x 300w x 300high tank and they were happy as larry, and would breed quite readily. Kribs IMO are a perfect fish for a 5 year old as they will most likely form a pair (as long as you have a M & F) and will lay eggs, and eventually you will see the fry start to appear etc etc and your son will be Fascinated! Just give them a pot or something similiar to lay in if they want too

I have three cory's in a small tank all by themselves...and still seem to favor the back of the tank!

Ah, since I don't know how big your tank is...but if its big enough tiger barbs are good. Their an active fish, and I don't find them a "dirty" fish. But if you do put them in, think ahead, because you can't put other fishies (e.g. guppies) because they'll nip at their fins.

Caper